A prayer wheel provides prompts and guidance.
I use the prayer wheel each week when I run. At each quarter mile I change to the next prompt.
Each prompt provides a new level of discipline in prayer.
1) Praise - Tell of His greatness
2) Waiting - Honor Him with your silence
3) Confession - Admit your sin
4) Scripture Praying - Recall or practice a verse
5) Watching - Look around, how is God at work
6) Intercession - Pray for others
7) Petition - Pray for yourself
8) Thanksgiving - Name the blessings in your life
9) Singing - Sing to the Lord
10) Meditation - Focus on an idea or theme
11) Listening - Give your attention to the Lord.
12) Praise - Hallelujah, to the King of Kings